Friday 10 April 2015

Day 1 – Bullet Your Whole Day April 7, 2015

00:00 – At my best friends house, KeelyRaw, talking for hours about life, love, boyfriends, periods, kids, food, gardens, dogs and anything else you can think of.
00:30 – Still in Smalltown, Alberta, thinking that it’s time to go home, 30 minutes away, but instead, I go pee and continue talking about everything and nothing.
01:48 – Finally I leave. Now most people drink until 01:30 but we’ve never had to drink to stay awake this late! Last time we got together we stayed up till 6 am doing quizzes online about; ‘Which Disney Princess are You?’ and ‘What song describes you the best’.
02:15 – Get home and quietly sneak into the house to avoid waking up my ‘rents who I have to live with again this summer to make some cash before heading back to school in the fall. I don’t think I have ever succeeded in sneaking in without my mom hearing. Tested it a couple times when I was a teen and she’s still as sharp as ever!
02:37 – Finally going to sleep after brushing teeth and striping down. Should have been home earlier considering that I’m supposed to be leaving the house at 08:30 to pick my sister up at the airport, but too little, too late.
06:52 – My sister calls me with this VERY early wake up call. But calling with good news! I get to sleep in because she ended up missing her flight at 5:45 that morning from Kelowna. She was rightly pissed but I was glad since that meant I got to sleep in! Boo-ya!
07:23 – My second phone call of the day, two more then usual, and it is my sister again. Luckily she got onto another flight but doesn’t land till 14:47 my time. I gave her my condolences about having to stay at a grubby airport for a few extra hours and made a few agreeing sounds. I honestly have to say I can’t recall what was said. All I know that the sun rise was beautiful for the 2 seconds I looked out my bedroom window and that I got to set my alarm for 10:00.
09:35 – A text from my good buddy came through. I couldn’t get back to sleep after that so I decided that it was probably time to get up for good then. But first a quick look at the newsfeed from Facebook, and time for a couple Whispers.
09:47 – Turn off 10:00 alarm and head for the shower. Gotta try to look good when I pick my sister up. She always looks so good without even trying. Then there me with two hours of primping and still can’t look as half as good as she does.
10:07 – Brushing my teeth, and my phone rings for the third time that morning! Man I’m important today! Well it was a good thing that I went to have my early shower because my soon-to-be boss called and said that I needed to come to town to sign some paperwork! I haven’t been working since October so some cash is much needed at this time!
10:12 – Out the door and in my truck for the eight mile drive into Hickville, to secure my new job with the Alberta Provincial Parks.
10:28 – Signing paper at the gas station.
10:40 – Trading my king cab truck for my mom’s SUV since when I pick my sister up, there’s also two littles, both with car seats. Talked and BS-ed with my mom and the librarian for a good half hour and found out that my old high school teachers wife opened up a flower shop just down the street so I had to pop in for a quick visit. There I found the coolest trinket ever…. A TIME-TURNER from Harry Potter. Well, KeelyRaw is a huge Potterhead so I had to buy her one for her birthday. $14.99 well spent.
11:48 – Finally leaving for the big city. Turned on the car, adjusted the seat and immediately started listening to an amazing book, The Riyria Revelations: Rise of the Empire, by Michael J Sullivan. Such a good book, and amazing narrator, Tim Gerald Reynolds.
12:15 – Make it to the city and fight traffic to the other side of the city to the Walmart. Before getting my sister and nieces, I need to do some quick shopping for my youngest nieces 1st birthday, my moms 57th birthday and KeelyRaw’s birthday. Took forever looking for cards and then even longer looking at toys and perusing the household stuff looking for the perfect (or at least mediocre) present for my mother.
13:05 – Stand in line FOREVER to get to a register, to buy my 4 things. Really Walmart? Open more flippin tills! You only have 20 of them.
13:20 – Stop at the Walmart McDicks for food! My rumbling stomach demanded food since I left the house before I could scrounge up breakfast. And of course no seats in the McDicks, so grabbed a to-go bag and ate my Big Mac with the windows rolled down listening to my British narrator, like a boss. 
13:45 – At the airport. I don’t remember the airport being in town! Must have been a long time since I’ve been in the City. Pulled up to a meter run and waited. They weren’t supposed to land till 14:47. Only an hour early….
14:07 – Airport Meter Maid, coming to inspect the vehicles so I though it a good time to actually put money in the machine. I got a good 15 minutes free, pretty good for a Friday afternoon.
14:15 – Found a good seat and now have to wait. I hate waiting. My ADD doesn’t like sitting and doing nothing. Two hours later, a plane finally lands! Well more like 20 minutes but still too long!
14:47 - Of course Sisters flight couldn’t be here early, at least it was on time. One of the best feelings ever is having your niece run into your arms! I felt so loved and I missed that blond head more then I ever thought I would miss a little kid.
14:52 – Patience already running low with my sister. I mean I love her but enough with the back seat driving! If you wanted to drive, feel free to take over or shut up!
15:05 – First stop and it had to the mall. It’s April, still some snow, lots of mud and huge puddles of water still sitting in the fields and in the yard so what does my sister need? A pair of flip flops. Another test of patience.
15:30 – Back in the car, stuck in normal everyday traffic and a sister yelling from the back seat for a semi to “Hurry the F*&k up, already!” It takes semi’s a long time to gear up from a red light so hold onto your panties, we can’t go any faster then the people ahead of us. And either way, a 50 minute drive won’t be any shorter trying to leap frog ahead!
16:25 – Make it to Hickville where the kids are excited to see Granny G at work. And just a side note, Sister is almost as bad as the kids, she had to pee 5 minutes out of the city. She couldn’t go when we were at the mall looking for flip flops?
16:45 – After visiting and checking out books and movies for my niece, we get in the car to go home. I can’t stress enough that I do love my family, but even with only being with Sister for 2 hours, I was happy to blast my tunes in my truck ALONE for the 10 minute ride home.
16:55 – Am I the only one who knows how to pack in the bags? Oh no, you just sit back and relax! I’ll grab my shopping bags, purse, diaper bag, and the suitcases. I’m alright really. *Gasping for breath going up the stairs*
17:15 – Eat an appetizer of a pizza treatzza because another thing that Sister apparently isn’t very good at is getting some food for herself. Again we were in the city, AND  at the mall, it would have been just too easy to grab some food there but no I’d rather listen to complaints for the past couple hours.
17:55 – Eat real food after playing and opening presents with the kids. One thing my family is good at is presents. There’s always something for someone. And today it was a Play-do princess set. I will quickly admit that I was into it before my 4 year niece.
18:20 – After arguing about who gets to go on a drive, there’s Granny G, Toots, Grandpa, and myself. Leaving Sister and Frankie at home. Toots is excited, this is her Cat Project. She’s been waiting for months to come to Granny G’s house and go pick out a kitten.
19:00 – We got to the lady’s farm. It was a little  (a little more than a little) messy but there were animals everywhere! Big friendly dogs who stood taller than Toots, cats everywhere you looked, over 50 horses in the pasture, and even a black sheep or two! We had fun looking at all the animals, and less fun when the sheep were trying to eat my steel toed boots.
19:47 – Leaving the farm after a lively debate between Granny G and Toots about how many kittens should they get. Granny G started with a good argument of that one would be plenty in the house. But the dewy, big-eyed four year old and innocence and the perk of being a grandchild, so her argument of two would be better won out.
 20:10 – Got back home and now the fun began! Playing with kittens is always fun, even if your not a cat person. Anything small and fluffy is fun! And what’s even cuter is watching the one year old, Frankie, chasing the kittens as fast as her crawl will allow her. Maybe this is the time she will learn to walk, or run, since she’ll want to try to keep up with those kittens!
22:30 – Getting ready for bed. Brush teeth, convince the kidlets to brush their teeth, pj’s, putting the kittens to their bed, and finally…. Some quiet when everyone else is asleep.
23:40 – Finish up my blog post and enjoy the little bit of alone time I get each night. Love you Toots, Frankie, Sister but also thank you for going to sleep earlier than I do!

Good Night to All and To All a Good Morrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment